Saturday, May 7, 2011

10 really cool things about my mom.

• My mom does not need to go to the mall when she comes to visit and I do not have to go to the mall when I visit her. If you know me then you know why I like this so much.

• My mom is an excellent seamstress. She was the kind of mom that when you came home and said “oh yeah, I need a pirate costume tomorrow for the school play,” you not only had one but it usually was the best one.

• My mom was in the California Miss Senior America Pageant and won first runner up and Miss Congeniality. Whose mom does this??

• My mom was in the Pentagon on 9/11 and has had articles published about it.

• My mom is one of only two people I know who get as excited as I do to see figure skating in person.

• My mom took us to church every Sunday when I was growing up.  We never missed.

• My mom water-skied, snow skied, and camped as I was growing up. Later, she took up tap dancing, cycling, golf, and public speaking.

• My mom has almost as many pieces of clothing that say Naval Academy as I do.

• My mom was one of my kids’ biggest fans and sat through countless boring baseball games and debate rounds.

• My mom always let us bring home stray people and animals. She still lets us do this. Everyone is welcome at my mom’s house. She is a very cool mom!  Happy Mother's Day Mom!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, you have a great memory of the past. You have the gift of a wonderful writer with lots of humor. I enjoy reading and remembering.

    ReplyDelete